After claims surfaced recently that “Two and a Half Men” star Charlie Sheen was threatening to leave the show in order to leverage a better deal, Sheen spoke out about the allegations last week.
Sheen told People that “much speculation and rumor has arisen from my current status surrounding ‘Two and a Half Men.’ All of the numbers reported in the press are false. Claims from ‘inside sources’ regarding offers from the studio as well as my salary, on their best day, are without merit.”
“Both parties have known the score for over a year. In no way, has this been a hasty or negligent eleventh hour surprise,” continues Sheen. “We tape the final episode of the season [April 9]. If tonight’s show is the end for me as Charlie Harper, so be it. Another journey has begun. I take from the experience 161 shows filled with a kaleidoscope of amazing experiences, memories, friendships and gratitude. I remain humbly inspired.”
Sheen’s rep Stan Rosenfield added, “A negotiation ploy is something you do to get the best possible deal. Charlie told them what he wanted a year ago.”
Comments are closed.