When looking for a remote for your DirecTV system there are many things to keep in mind. You will find that the most important issue is how well it functions. Below are the pros and cons to the Harmony 880 remote. This will help you decide whether or not it is the right one for you.
· Backlit for easy viewing in low light situations.
· Screen is customizable. This allows you to add in your own pictures or others that appeal to you.
· A charging cradle means that there are no more batteries to buy. This is a great way to save money.
· This remote features large and customizable macros. Whether you want to turn off the lights, turn on the AC, or open your drapes it can all be done with a simple push of the button.
· Simple to program. With its massive database your remote enabled device is probably already loaded. Even if it is not a call to customer service can easily get you a new macro that will work.
· The weight of the remote can cause the charging contacts to depress over time. It may reach a point where the remote and cradle will no longer make contact. You may have to eventually purchase another unit to replace it.
· This remote operates on the Infrared Spectrum. Unlike RF, radio frequency, IR cannot pass through walls and doors. This means that you must be in the room with the equipment you want to control.
· The flat buttons make finding the right one to push quite difficult at times such as when you are in the dark. On the other hand, the backlighting helps to offset this issue somewhat so it is not as big a con as it is perhaps a neutral.
Comments are closed.