According to The Hollywood Reporter, Charlie Sheen is entering rehab and leaving Two and A Half Men in limbo.
Sheen’s publicist said that he is entering rehab for “unspecified treatment” and “will take some time off” from the series. Meanwhile, Two and A Half Men shutdown on Tuesday after the announcement was made. They were scheduled to shoot episode 19 of the current season and still had five episodes left to go.
In a joint statement, CBS’ entertainment president Nina Tassler, WBTV’s president Peter Roth and “Men” co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre said the show will be “temporarily suspended” and that they “support Charlie Sheen in his decision today to begin voluntary in-patient care at a treatment center.”
It has been speculated that Sheen may only be in rehab for a couple of weeks. If that’s true, the show’s schedule will not be impacted too badly because the show is scheduled to take a week long hiatus in March anyway.
Sheen, who is currently the highest paid actor on TV, making more than $900,000 per episode, is considered the driving force behind Two and A Half Men and if he is sidelined for more than a couple of weeks, CBS will surely begin to feel the effects.
This stint in rehab comes on the heels of his Christmas Day arrest for domestic violence against his wife, Brooke Mueller who checked into rehab last month.
Comments are closed.